Friday 5 November 2010

AAA TOPMAN







I must say the first AAA collection from TOPMAN did not exite me at all. The typical TOPMAN skinny jacket- skinny trousers with loads of shinny and glitzy tops. Actually it looked exactly what you expect if TOPMAN wants to do a ' rock star ' collection. This time round I find the pieces far more edgy and clean. They use still " glitz and shine" but in a more sophisticated and subtle way by using for example the sheen effect of linen in the knit wear . The clothes are more for the grown- up rockstar less for the 16-years  fancy dress rockstar.  Especially the leather trousers a great. Ever since I saw the famous leather trousers designed by Isabel Marant for her AW10 collection ( the red ones were on every fashion editor's must have list this season apparently) I was looking for an nice pair for men. But a pair of  leather trousers which won't let me feel like a cheesy 1980's heavy metal fan. But I think I found them now. AAA,  I must say, is really rocking this time and will sell also to people who can not sing.
www.topman.com 



No comments:

Post a Comment