Friday 25 January 2013

AS TIME GOES BY- WATCHES ARE THE WINNERS

My mobile just broke down and I was in a hurry and had a train to catch and I could not watch the time... . I realized how accustomed I got to have my watch together with my mobile. I haven't had a watch since the late 90's as mobiles came into being. Before that I always had a wrist watch. I remember the first watch I bought when I was 12 years old. A dark blue one from from SWATCH ( a must-have for the fashionable teenager in the early 90's) when I grew older I preferred the once that had a more vintage look to them- a rectangular dial and some fake-crocodile leather straps.  And then mobiles came and my watch broke and I got used to have my wrists free for anything else then watches.

This is the style I would love to wear if I had the right pocket money-  vintage 1930 Art Deco  watch 





















Becoming sentimental yet also curious I was looking around- being of course more interested in a modern time piece than a mobile I found a great website: The Watch Warehouse. Founded 1939 with a great shop on Edgeware Road, London. They have an amazing variety of watches from luxury brands like Raymond Weil to TechnoMarine,  fashion brands from Givenchy to Versace and many more. They cater for every taste: sporty, fashionable, classic and luxury.
Elegant wrist watches are cool again- even if styled with a hoody jumper- musician John Mayer
Here now a small selection of the pieces that grabbed my attention from The Watch Warehouse:

1. Victorinox Swiss Army 241 480 Mens Watch

This is just a wonderful classic wrist watch which can be worn for years to come


Victorinox, founded 1884 in Switzterland is world famous for its Original Swiss Army Knives yet branched out into time high quality time pieces. Each product is an expression of Swiss quality and Swiss pioneering spirit.

This Victorinox Swiss Army Mens Alliance chronograph watch has a round silver dial, a stainless steel case and a brown leather strap.






2. Raymond Weil Tango 4881-STC- 000209 Mens Watch

Very elegant and stunning- a watch  which can be passed on to the next generation
The brand Raymond Weil brings together all the elements of exellence of the Swiss luxury watch making. Precision, quality, reliability, nobility and technical nature of the material are many standards of this Geneva-based watch maker.

The Tango Mens Watch has a rectangular black roman numeral dial, set in a stainless steel case fastened with a luxurious black leather strap. 



3. Rotary Pocket MP00713/01 Mens Watch

This is the watch for the  real classic gentlemen or a fashion hippster
Rotary Watches Limited is an award- winning worldwide brand of classic timepieces. The firm has been producing beautiful watches with a timeless elegance since 1895. Still in the hands of the family who found the company it is the oldes family owned and run Swiss watchmaker company.

Mens Rotary pocket watch with gold PVD case and a white skeleton dial. This classic includes a gold plated watch chain.







I hope you like my little selection but The Watch Warhouse has, honestly, hundreds of other great watches and jewelry. Right now there is also an amazing sale going on. So do not hesitate and have a look!

2 comments:

  1. Great article. Nice read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful executive watches. A treat to read the article.

    ReplyDelete